Sunday, May 16, 2010


Today was a great day. I had a picnic at Riverside park with three girls from school. We spent the afternoon soaking up the sun while a blues band played live music. Great friends + sunshine + live music + yummy food + a beautiful view of the Hudson equals a perfect Sunday afternoon. To add to its perfection, Taber will be here in less than 24 hours. He arrives tomorrow a 5pm. I am beyond excited for him to get here.

It has been two months since Taber and I have been together. Although time has flown by, it still feels like forever ago that I said goodbye to him at the airport. I am thankful Taber and I are able to have a functioning, loving, and supportive relationship from a distance. Of course it is not ideal, but it allows us to pursue our dreams. By supporting and encouraging each other to follow our dreams it allows us to be our best self. Doesn't the saying go "marry the person that brings out the best in you". If that is the case, then Taber and I have hit jackpot. Regardless of how far away the pursuit of our goals take us, we support one another. Is it hard? Absolutely. Would I have him here every second of the day with me it I could? Absolutely. Thanks to the physical distance Taber's baseball career brought upon us, we are well equipped on how to have a loving relationship through distance. If we did not have this knowledge, I never would have considered packing up and moving to New York to pursue my dream. I am extremely thankful that regardless of if we are close enough to share creamer for our coffee or on opposite sides of the country, Taber and I are able to love and support one another.

His timing could not be more perfect. This morning I woke up to a clogged shower drain. Trying to be Mrs. Fix-it I shoved a pencil down the drain hoping to unclog some of the hair (or whatever else lurks in an old shower pipe). Not such a bright idea. The pencil broke in half leaving me a clogged drain with half a pencil stuck in it. When I informed Taber that I would need his services to unclog the drain his response was "It may be tricky now that there is a pencil shoved down there". I believe that was his nice way of saying "Really Krissie, you really thought that sticking a piece of wood down the drain would help?" I guess Mr. Rotter Rooter won't be hiring me anytime soon.

For the picnic I made a beet, onion, and arugula salad. I have a new found love for beets so it was my first time making them. My kitchen looked like a murder scene after boiling, peeling, and cutting them but the salad turned out great. I will post the recipe tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. yah! happy reunion day!

    can't wait for you to see your honey!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Fix-it, Tell the rest of the story!
    Do you really think you can get away with not telling the ending? That's the best part! If you don't tell I will.
    Your loving mother.

    ReplyDelete