Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Back in Business

I have spent the last couple of weeks fully emerged in school. Between after hour stewarding, homework, recipe testing, and studying for my midterm I have had no time to write.
I took (and survived) my midterm yesterday. The only traumatic experience of it was burning myself on the convection oven and almost bursting into tears after giving the chef the first course I had prepared. Luckily I held myself together and kept the tear ducts in check. I was not happy with my vinaigrette I had made, which is why I almost broke into tears. Apparently the chef was satisfied with it. I got a 95% on the cook tech part of the midterm. 100% would have been better, but I will take the 95%. I have not yet seen the actual test, so I don't know what I was marked off for. The chef only showed us our grade as we were walking out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment